George Clooney will be one of Hollywood’s most sought-after A-list actors and one of the world’s wealthiest actors by 2022, with an estimated net worth of $500 million.
Kentucky-born George Clooney is a multi-talented American who has worked in film, television, and the entertainment industry. George Clooney has won three Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards, and is most recognized for appearing in films including ‘Batman & Robin,’ ‘Ocean’s Eleven,’ and ‘Gravity.
On May 6, 1961, Clooney was born in Lexington, Kentucky, to Nina Bruce, a beauty queen, and Nick Clooney, a former anchorman, and TV host. George Clooney was raised as a Roman Catholic, yet he has admitted to being agnostic in his adult years. After he graduated from Fort Mitchell, Kentucky’s Blessed Sacrament School, his family relocated to Mason, Ohio.
George Clooney suffered Bell’s Palsy, a disorder that partially paralyzes the face when the Clooneys returned to Kentucky in his seventh-grade year. A year later, Clooney remembered it as a difficult period in school because of the bullying he endured.
After high school, he tried out for the Cincinnati Reds baseball team but was rejected. He was an enthusiastic basketball and basement baseball player. Clooney studied broadcast journalism at Northern Kentucky University from 1979 to 1981, but he did not graduate.
When George Clooney first started making money, he was selling women’s shoes, selling insurance, and tobacco cutting. It was in the 1978 television miniseries “Centennial” that George Clooney made his screen debut.
Later, he had minor appearances in sitcoms including ‘The Facts of Life’ and ‘Roseanne’. The role that would launch his career on the hit drama ‘ER’ came up a few years later.
‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ is where he really found his footing as an actor. After starring in ‘One Fine Day with Michelle Pfeiffer, Clooney decided to go a different path. The major part in ‘Batman & Robin,’ on the other hand, was considered a flop.
Out of Sight’ and ‘The Thin Red Line’ were both co-starring roles for him in 1998. He appeared in “Three Kings” with fellow actor Mark Wahlberg the next year.
George Clooney Quote:
1. “Failures are infinitely more instructive than successes.”– George Clooney
2. “You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak.”– George Clooney
3. “Art takes different forms, but it represents something that is basic in all of us — our history.”– George Clooney
4.” For me, the definition of a patriot is someone who will constantly question the government.”– George Clooney
5. “I find that as you get older, you start to simplify things in general.” – George Clooney
6. “I’m kind of comfortable with getting older because it is better than the other option, which is being dead.”– George Clooney
7. “It’s a humbling thing when you find someone to love. Even better if you’ve been waiting your whole life.”– George Clooney
8.”I didn’t live my life in the right way for politics. I’ve f***** too many chicks and done too many drugs, and that’s the truth.”– George Clooney
9. “When you first start out, you are just happy to get a job, any job. And as time moves on, either you move forward or screech to a halt.”– George Clooney