During a Wednesday online court hearing, she formally changed her name to exclude her maiden surname. Khloe Kardashian has asked to be treated as a single person, a year after she filed for divorce from Kanye West.
Unresolved issues include property division and parenting time arrangements for the couple’s four kids. Kim Kardashian was awarded a “bifurcated divorce” on Wednesday, which means that the divorce proceedings would be split into two parts: child custody and financial assets.
The 41-year-old former model and TV mogul have been saying in sworn affidavits since last December that she “very much” wants a divorce from her husband. Last month, she released a statement saying that the court’s ruling would help Kanye come to terms with the end of their marriage.
In spite of his outspoken opposition to the divorce and pleas for reconciliation with Kardashian, Ye, 44, was absent from the court.
Kim K. Is No Longer Married Under the Law.
- A close friend of Kardashian’s claims that a Los Angeles judge allowed her plea to modify her marital status on Wednesday.
- The Hollywood gossip website TMZ broke the story first.
- She made the request three months ago, thus this is a response to that.
- Kardashian’s initial petition to be considered legally single was filed about three months ago. Kanye West, with whom she is separated, spoke against the proposal. The divorce between the two former partners has been difficult for the past year.
- They’ve been married for seven years and have four kids together.
- Kardashian’s statements in the divorce papers CNN received last week: “I want a divorce desperately. I’ve begged Kanye to keep the details of our divorce quiet, but he hasn’t complied.
- Emotional pain has been caused by Kanye’s frequent and inaccurate social media posts about our private family concerns and co-parenting arrangements.”
- “I think that the Court dissolving our marriage status will encourage Kanye to recognize that our married relationship is gone and move ahead on a better path which will assist us in peacefully co-parenting our children,” Kardashian wrote in her court declaration.
- Recently, Kardashian has been seen out with “Saturday Night Live” star Pete Davidson, while West has been linked to social media influencer Chaney Jones.
Kim Kardashian won the divorce case she filed against Kanye West.
The judge accepted Kardashian’s request to be declared legally single during a bifurcation hearing on Tuesday, PEOPLE has confirmed. Although West, 44, was expected to be in court, he did not show up and instead kept Kardashian, 41, on video.
The first to break the story was TMZ.
It took nearly three months for the judge to make the decision after she asked him to modify her marital status.
West has previously contested his estranged wife’s plea to be declared legally single. On Tuesday, he released a statement saying, “I’ve instructed my team to expedite the divorce of my marriage to Kim so I can dedicate my complete attention to our beautiful children.”
PEOPLE’s request for comment from Kardashian and West’s lawyers went unanswered.
Dating for Kardashian and West began in 2012, and they tied the knot in May 2014. They have four children together: Psalm is 2 and a half, Chicago is four, North is eight, and Saint is six.
Kim Kardashian’s recent divorce file includes a claim that Ye’s social media posts caused her “mental pain.”
Kardashian told Vogue in February that she strives to be a helpful co-parent despite the personal troubles she and Ye face.
“You might be so heartbroken or angry at your ex, but I think in front of the kids, it always has to be “Your dad’s the finest,” she stated at the time.
Adding a personal statement to her divorce petition on February 23rd, Kardashian suggested that the “Donda” rapper would find closure if a judge ruled that they were legally divorced.
I want a divorce badly,” she remarked “In the paperwork, Kardashian claimed. “Despite my requests, Kanye has not agreed to conceal the details of our divorce from the public eye.
I think Kanye will be able to let go of the marriage after the court officially dissolves it, and that will help us co-parent our kids more amicably.
Kardashian claimed that her recent split from Ye and other life events were precipitated by her decision to prioritize her own happiness.
“I’ve always put other people’s needs before my own, Kardashian admitted to Vogue. And I believe in the past two years I made the decision, and I am going to make myself happy.
Also, I’m enjoying the benefits of that immensely. It’s crucial to be truthful with yourself about what makes you happy, even if it results in change and, in my case, a divorce.”