You May Come To regret the username you first choose for Reddit as the years pass. While you can swap up your Instagram or Twitter handle whenever you choose, altering your Reddit identity does come with a few restrictions.
How to alter your Reddit username and some suggestions for a new username that better portrays who you are will be covered in this post. In this article, we’ll explain all you need to know about Reddit usernames, including how to get one.
Why They’re Produced at random, and why you can’t modify them. Finally, we’ll go through some safety precautions you can do to keep your Reddit account secure. What follows are the steps necessary to alter your Reddit handle.
Can I change my Reddit Username?
The Username You select at account creation cannot be changed at a later date. Your Reddit username is permanent, and the only way to alter it is to establish a new account. You’re free to make as many accounts as you wish, but they won’t be linked.
If your Reddit username was generated at random, and you don’t like it, you can request a new one. When you sign up with your Google or Apple ID, a username is automatically generated for you. Once you make that change, you will be unable to go back and alter your username in the future.
How to Change Your Reddit Username on Desktop
A Reddit username is generated at random, although it’s easy to modify it.
- To access Reddit, launch your web browser of choice on your Mac or PC and navigate to the site’s front page.
- Select Profile from the list that appears when you click the arrow in the top right corner.
- a window will appear asking if you really want to alter your username. Choose Edit Username.
- create a new user name (using between 3 and 23 characters), and then hit the Continue button. If the username you entered is not valid, you will get a warning in red letters below the textbox.
- Reddit will ask you to confirm that you wish to keep this username, as it will be yours permanently. You can save your username if you are by clicking the Save button.
How to Change a Reddit Username on The Mobile App
Here are the actions required to modify your Reddit mobile app-assigned username.
- Start by launching the Reddit app on your mobile device (Android or iOS).
- To edit your profile
- go to your account settings and click on My Profile.
- You will then be asked by Reddit in a pop-up if you want to keep your allocated username or modify it. Select the option to edit your username.
- create a new user name, between 3 and 23 characters long. In addition, the conditions your username must meet to be approved are specified in the red text above. Click Next in the upper right when you’re finished.
- Reddit will then confirm your decision to permanently keep the username. If you’re sure, select the Save username option.
Creating and Switching Between a Secondary Account
It’s too late to change your username; if you’ve already done so, you’ll have to make a new account. You can have two accounts at once, so switching between them isn’t necessary.
- Start up your preferred PC or Mac web browser and navigate to Reddit’s main page.
- Click the arrow in the top right corner of the screen to exit your current account.
- Click the drop-down arrow, and then select Log Out from the list of options that appears.
- Return to Reddit’s home page and, in the upper right, select Sign Up.
- Type in your e-mail address and hit the Next button.
- Once you’ve decided on a username and password, click the Sign-Up button in the upper right.
Verifying your email address is optional on Reddit but highly recommended. Once an account has been set up, it can be switched to another account.
How other users see you on Reddit depends in large part on the username you choose. A memorable username is a great way to stand out and make a reputation for yourself in a group. Your current Reddit username should be updated immediately.
Choose a new username that better reflects who you are and what you care about by following the detailed instructions provided in this article. Keep your Reddit account secure and your reputation intact.