When it comes to movie office success, Marvel has been unbeatable in recent years. Top Gun:
Maverick, on the other hand, has surpassed Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness to become not only the year’s most successful film to date but also one of the best-selling films of all time, surpassing Avengers: Infinity War to take the sixth spot on the list of highest-grossing movies in US history.
Tom Cruise reprises his role as Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor Captain Pete “Maverick” Mitchell in Top Gun: Maverick, the sequel to the 1986 classic Top Gun. There, he instructs an incoming class of young soldiers, among them his late best friend’s son.
Top Gun: Maverick will soon be available for home viewing, and we have the dates and times for you. You may also find out when the extended version of Spider-Man: No Way Home will be shown in theatres and when you can stream Thor: Love and Thunder.
Can you tell me when Top Gun: Maverick will be released on Netflix?
Despite the fact that Top Gun: Maverick is available on video-on-demand platforms this month and that Paramount has its own streaming service, there is still no official release date for the film’s streaming debut. That implies buying or renting the movie will be the first option for watching it at home.
If and when it goes live on streaming services, it will likely be available only on Paramount+. A monthly subscription to this streaming service costs $4.99 with advertisements and $9.99/£6.99 without. The alternative is to pay $99.99 / £69.90 annually for commercial-free material, or $49.99 / £29.90 for ad-supported content.
With a subscription, you may also watch popular shows like Halo: The Series and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. A free seven-day trial is available to all new subscribers.
See the ensemble prepare for filming while experiencing multiple Gs in a fighter plane in this exclusive digital bonus feature, which has been given the all-clear for takeoff.
While filming Top Gun: Maverick, we made some groundbreaking creative choices.
Get ready to take off with the cast and crew of Top Gun: Maverick as they embark on a mission to film the most breathtaking airborne sequences in film history.
In this “love letter” to aviation, Tom Cruise flies his own plane—a vintage World War II P-51 Mustang that would have been the “Top Gun” plane of its day—and explains why he loves flying.
- Forging The Darkstar – Going beyond Mach 10, this groundbreaking experimental plane was built specifically for the film and shows what the future of aviation could look like.
- Classes taught by Tom Cruise during the Cannes Film Festival
- On the red carpet of the 75th annual Cannes Film Festival, Tom Cruise talks on his extraordinary career.
- Lady Gaga’s “Hold My Hand” Music Video
- See the music video for “Just Dance,” Lady Gaga’s smash hit from the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack.
- OneRepublic’s “I Ain’t Worried” Music Video —
- Listen to OneRepublic’s brand new song and watch the official music video.
First Trailer for Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Each of us will eventually meet the same end as the rest of us. The first official trailer for Tom Cruise’s Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning has arrived. To be released in theatres in the year 2023.
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray DiscTM features a Dolby Atmos® remixed for the home soundtrack that places and moves music everywhere in the room, including overhead, and Dolby VisionTM high dynamic range (HDR) that provides more brightness, contrast, and a wider variety of rich colors.
** A 4K Ultra HD SteelBook of the film is also in the works. ™ Cleared for Takeoff, Breaking New Ground: Filming Top Gun: Maverick, A Love Letter to Aviation, Forging the Darkstar, Masterclass with Tom Cruise: Cannes Film Festival, and the two music videos are all included on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, in addition to a Digital copy of the film.
A Maverick in the Top Gun High-definition 1080p and Dolby Atmos sound systems are used for the Blu-ray release. Blu-ray extras include “Cleared for Taking Off,” “Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick,” “A Love Letter to Aviation,” “Forging the Darkstar,” and “The Movie,” as well as a Digital download of the film.
In time for the holidays, the “Maverick” 4K and Blu-ray editions will arrive on store shelves loaded with exclusive features.
Upon its release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on November 1st, Top Gun: Maverick will finally be available on home video. There are no extras on the DVD, but the 4K and Blu-ray versions come packed with them.
- A behind-the-scenes look at the cast’s flight training program
- A featurette on filming the flight sequences
- Cruise discussed his passion for aviation
- Music videos featuring Lady Gaga and OneRepublic
- A feature about the Darkstar plane created for the movie
- A separate Cruise feature with the actor discussing his career at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival (4K only)
- Teaser trailer for Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One, which could be Cruise’s next billion-dollar blockbuster (4K only)
In total, the 4K version’s bonuses clock in at roughly two hours’ worth of viewing time.
Paramount’s release of the Top Gun: Maverick DVD and Blu-ray at at the right time was impeccable. The buzz surrounding the film will pick up again just in time for the holidays. Top Gun: Maverick will undoubtedly be added to the holiday wish lists of many by the word-of-mouth advertising of early copies purchased by fans.