This evening, the Odyssey Team has released a new version of the Taurine jailbreak tool for iOS and iPadOS 14, which is being referred to as version 1.1.4.
The Odyssey Team’s official Twitter account announced the release of the new taurine-permanent package this weekend, which the update officially supports.
For as long as the Taurine jailbreak software is signed with this new permanent package, it can be used without having to resign. Once the Taurine app is loaded, users will never have to re-sign it with AltStore or a signing service again, even if their device isn’t jailbroken.
A lot of the features of Fugu14 are present, but they’re available on all devices. Zhuowei Zhang has recently released a PoC that this package takes full advantage of.
Even if other side loadable jailbreak apps do not support it, the re-signing method isn’t especially convenient, thus it’s likely that jailbreakers will adopt it.
Full Change Log for Taurine 1.1.4 May Be Found in The Table Below
- To avoid the requirement to sign the app while in jail broke, this update includes support for taurine-permanent.
- Upgraded from an unidentified jailbreak for iOS 15 to the Swift pathfinder.
- The IMG4 parser from a currently unidentified iOS 15 jailbreak has been ported backward (removes img4tool and fixes Windows Defender false positive).
- The jailbreak now includes support for iOS 15’s DER entitlements.
- Jailbreak now supports iOS 15.1 Hash Agility.
- However, CoolStar, the principal developer of the Odyssey Team, has already discussed the possibility of introducing compatibility for iOS & iPadOS 14.8.1 into the Taurine jailbreak.
- This hasn’t happened, as far as we can tell.
- There is a step-by-step tutorial on how to use Taurine, which you can find on the official Odyssey Team website.
Step 01 – Download AltStore according to your OS if you haven’t already downloaded it.
Step 02 – Run the AltStore application. Go to the Menu bar and tap the AltStore> Install Mail Plug-in option > Mail app > Preferences > General tab in mail preferences > Manage Plug-ins > check AltPlugin > apply and restart Mail.
Step 03 – Connect your iOS device to the Mac. Tap AltStore in the menu bar > Install AltStore > (Your iOS Device.)
Step 04 – Now Login with your Apple ID when prompted and tap install. Go to the device, open Settings > General > Device Management, and tap on your Apple ID > Trust AltStore.
Step 05 – Now tap the above Taurine download button and AltStore will install the Taurine app.
Step 06 – Finally you will see the Taurine Jailbreak app on your device’s home screen. Open it and tap the Jailbreak button to start the jailbreak process. Wait until the jailbreak is completed and it will end with adding the Sileo on your device’s home screen.
How to get Taurine Jailbreak on your phone
In order to install Taurine Jailbreak on your iOS device, you’ll need to do one of several things. Using a desktop program like Sidelaodly, you can sideload Taurine IPA into your device by signing the IPA with your own certificate.
To avoid the need for an intermediary computer, we also give direct links to a signed Taurine Jailbreak IPA. Apple has the right to revoke the certificate used to sign these files. It indicates that the program will be installed or opened on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
What are the Devices Supported by Taurine?
Before we go further, the following is the list of iOS devices and the iOS versions currently supported by the jailbreak. Make sure your iOS device and the iOS version fall under the following list.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone XS/Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6/6S
- iPhone 6/6S Plus
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st-Generation
- iPad Air 2nd-generation
- iPad 5th-generation
- iPad Air (2020)