This article shows you how to turn Dark Mode on and off in Windows, on the web, on an iPhone, and on a Mac running Outlook 365.
How to Use the Dark Theme in Outlook 365
Dark Mode works with all versions of Outlook 365. Depending on what platform you’re using it on, there are different ways to turn it on and off and different ways to control it automatically (the steps to turn on Dark Mode in other Office 365 apps are similar). You must be a Microsoft 365 subscriber to use Dark Mode on the desktop version of Outlook 365 on your Windows PC, Mac, or iPhone (but you can use it on the web without a subscription).
How to Change Outlook 365 in Windows to a Dark Theme
Here’s how to change the dark theme in Outlook for Windows:
- Click File in Outlook 365.
- 2. Click on Office Account.
- 3 . Click Black in the Office Theme box. This setting turns on Outlook 365’s Dark Mode.
- 4. To save your changes, click OK.
How to Use the Web to Change Outlook 365 to a Dark Theme
On the web, there are two ways to change Outlook 365 to a dark theme. This is different from the other platforms covered in this article. Both are easy, so which one you choose will likely depend on which one you like or remember at the time. Follow these steps for the first choice:
- Go to Outlook 365 in your web browser and sign in.
- Click on the gear icon next to Settings.
Also Read: Is Wi-Fi 7 a New Technology?
- Click the switch for Dark Mode to turn it on.
How to Change Outlook 365 on an iPhone to the Dark Theme
A Dark theme can be used on both the iPhone and Outlook for iPhone. Follow these steps to use it with Outlook:
- Tap Outlook.
- Tap the icon for your account in the upper left corner.
- Tap on the gear.
- Tap “Application.”
- Tap Dark to turn on Dark Mode right away.
- If your iPhone is set to turn Dark Mode on and off based on the time where you are, you can set Outlook to automatically switch between Light and Dark mode by tapping System.
Also Read: How to Fix Auto Correct on Your I Phone
How to Switch Outlook 365 on a Mac to the Dark Theme
If you have a Mac, here’s how to change Outlook to use the Dark theme:
- Click Outlook in Outlook 365.
- Click on Settings.
- Click General in the Preferences window.
- Click Dark in the “Appearance” section to turn on Dark Mode right away.
- If your Mac is set up to turn on and off system-wide Dark Mode based on the time where you are, click System to make Outlook automatically switch between Light and Dark mode.