Update Checker was a free software updater that could scan your computer for outdated software against its own collection of freebies at FileHippo.com, and then allow you to download the most up-to-date version directly to your computer from within the program.
You didn’t have to leave the updater to download updates manually with this tool’s support for in-house updates. The Download & Run button would begin downloading and installing the most recent version of the software right away.
FileHippo App Manager: A Quick Overview
In Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000, it can be installed and utilized
- For each matched software, it displays the current version number and the date of its release, along with the most recent update.
- For example, if your version is v1.0 and was released two years ago, it may display that an upgrade to v5.0 is available for your edition, which can be sorted to show you the oldest apps that need updates.
- Option to reveal all programs FileHippo App Manager detected on your computer (not just the old ones), installation path, and any accessible beta versions can be toggled on the results page. FileHippo App Manager
- It’s possible to hide all updates or simply the most recent release for any program from the results page (this step can be undone later if you want to see updates again)
- Add custom folders to the scan settings so that it doesn’t only examine the default installation folders for outdated software.
How do I remove FileHippo.com Update Checker?
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen’s bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- When you find the program FileHippo.com Update Checker, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove FileHippo.com Update Checker.