When it comes to altering people’s lives through the power of positive thinking, Steve Maraboli is the man for the job. Known as “The Most Quoted Man Alive” by Inc. Magazine, his enlightening remarks, business methods, strategic perceptions, and social beliefs have been shared and published all over the world in more than 25 languages.
More than 30 countries have heard Steve’s motivating, funny, and unforgettable presentations. Numerous best-seller lists include his books, while his social media presence has grown to include millions of shares of his quotations, videos, and radio show.
Steve, a highly sought-after consultant, has been studying and researching behavioral science for more than two decades. A groundbreaking counseling/coaching system he developed, Psycho-Neuro-Actualization, has earned worldwide notice for its ability to impact and improve the thinking of individuals and groups.
PNA (The Maraboli Method) coaches Steve and his staff of PNA (The Maraboli Method) coaches work with their clients around the world, including the United States and Europe. As a result of his work on empowerment, education, and humanitarian initiatives in more than 40 nations, Steve was honored with the coveted United Nations Award for Philanthropy.
In this episode, we discuss the following topics:
- How Steve’s military service earned him the moniker “The Most Quoted Man Alive.”
- Helping others has become a compulsion for him.
- Why does Steve find solace in the discomfort he experiences?
- When it comes to Steve’s mental well-being, he can’t function without it.
- Detachment is the key to a healthy attachment to reality.
- How people can regain control over their lives in difficult situations
- This is Steve’s advice on how you can train your brain to form new behaviors.
- Religion and cognitive bias: a link
- In what ways Steve’s personal slogan of living in the now has impacted his life
Why he is unapologetically removing people from his life who aren’t supportive of his development?
- The real reason Steve doesn’t have a morning ritual
- Why not tell people what you want and how that works is Steve’s number one brain hack
Dr. Steve Maraboli Quotes:
- When you hold a grudge, you want someone else’s sorrow to reflect your level of hurt but the two rarely meet.
- The truth is unless you let go unless you forgive yourself unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
- Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!
- Your life is a reflection, you don’t get what you want, you get what you are. You gotta be it to see it.
- Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.
- I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.
- Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.
- Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.
- Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.
- At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.