Hollywood and his personal wealth acknowledge Will Smith’s status as one of the most bankable movie stars around.
It’s hard to find someone who works as hard to promote their films as Tom Hanks does, whether it’s through traditional media or online social networks.
You know he’ll put in the same amount of effort because you’re paying him a particular rate, Netflix film chief Scott Stuber said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
We can do a lot of marketing, but no amount of TV advertisements you could buy can duplicate the sincerity and the passion of the artist expressing to the world, ‘I believe in it.’ And that’s what he does really effectively.’ ”
As the son of a school administrator and a refrigerator engineer in West Philadelphia, Will Smith grew up with a modest upbringing. Jeffrey Allen Townes, a local DJ who became known as DJ Jazzy Jeff, was a childhood buddy of his.
Their paths crossed when Jeff sought a hype man for performance down the street. Smith leaped at the opportunity, and the two formed an immediate connection. ‘ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince would eventually create a band.
They were discovered by Russell Simmons at Def Jam Records in 1986 and signed to a deal shortly thereafter. In 1987, they published their first album, “Rock the House.” The album has been certified gold.
In 1988, they published their second album, “He’s the DJ, I’m the Rapper.” More than three million copies of the book were sold. Throughout their time together, the team would release five albums total.
Will was the first person to win a Grammy in the newly created Rap category back in 1988.
Read More: Wiz Khalifa Quotes: Make You Powerful and Positive Quotes
Another long-time studio exec agreed that Smith’s future is still up in the air. For example, he could improve his public image if he and Chris Rock were to reconcile in public.
The veteran in this sector, on the other hand, is a little warier, stating that anyone considering casting Smith in a film or television series should consider the difficulty of trying to promote a project while anticipating questions from the media about the incident.
According to him, “I don’t think [studios] would think twice” about it. The equation everyone came up with: ‘I have Will Smith, but now I have this baggage and they’re going to re-shoot the slap.
‘Do I need that, and can I get it from so-and-so?’ When it comes to the issue of Will Smith, there are two sides to the story. You’d take into account things like the genre of the film and its budget.
In the event that his representatives tell him, “Will truly wants to do this and it’s essential to him,’ there are ways for him to say, ‘I’m decreasing my price but not [permanently cutting it].”
A marketing executive, on the other hand, believes Smith’s reputation will be permanently tarnished. In her mind, all of the events—the slap, the self-justifying acceptance speech, the dancing at Vanity Fair, and an Instagram apology that struck her as shallow and disingenuous—will have a lasting impact on him.
She also believes that Smith’s long career has exposed him. She reminds out that some of his recent efforts, such as Gemini Man in 2019 and Collateral Beauty in 2016, have received negative reviews and underperformed.
Will Smith Quotes
- “Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, god-like feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it’s something that truly exists in all of us.” – Will Smith
- Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like. – Will Smith
- “I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.” – Will Smith
- “Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Will Smith
- “Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real, but fear is a choice.” – Will Smith
- “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”– Will Smith
- “Life is lived on the edge.” – Will Smith
- “There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A. “ – Will Smith
- “In my mind, I’ve always been an A-list Hollywood superstar. Y’all just didn’t know yet.” – Will Smith
- “Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.” – Will Smith
Leave a Comment