When you move, you’ll have to do a lot of time-consuming tasks, like changing your internet and cell phone plans and getting your smart home devices back online. You’ll also want to make sure your home address is correct in Google Maps. This will make it easy to get directions to your house with just a few clicks. The step-by-step process is easy and only takes a few seconds. You can do it both on your phone and on your computer.
How to use your phone to change your home address
Using the Google Maps app on your phone is the easiest way to change your home address. Most Android phones come with the app already installed, and iPhone users can get Google Maps for iOS from the App Store.
- Tap your picture or initials in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings > Home or Work and change it.
- Tap the arrow () next to your current address to see more options.
- Choose “Edit home.”
- Tap the X in the search bar next to your current address.
- Type your new address into the search bar, then tap on the address that Google suggests.
- Check the info on the screen and tap Done when you’re done.
Also Read: How to Fix “Last Line No Longer Available” on An I Phone
How to change your home address on Google Maps on your desktop
The Google Maps Android and iOS apps may be the easiest way to change your address, but changing your information on a computer gives you a little more room to type. You can easily change your address through a web browser on your desktop computer or laptop. What you have to do is:
- Use your favorite browser to get to Google Maps.
- Click the “hamburger” menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- To find your current address, go to Your places > Labeled.
- To get rid of your current address, click the X next to it.
- Click Set an address for home.
- In the search bar, type your new address.
- To confirm the address, click on the one that Google gives you.
Also Read: How to Find Out if You’ve Been Blocked on Snapchat
Find your way back home with a tap.
It’s almost as fast to update your home address on Google Maps as it is to get directions back home, so it’s important to take a few seconds to do it ahead of time so that you can just tap to get directions back home. This saves time when trying to get home because Google Maps has a direct shortcut. It makes sense to check directions on Google Maps since it’s often helpful to give directions while taking into account traffic and possible road closures.
Even though there’s no place like home, it’s nice to get out of town every once in a while. If you’re ready for your next big adventure, use the different Google services to plan your next trip and take the stress out of it.
Leave a Comment