When Apple took the game off the App Store in 2020, Fortnite fans were very upset. Even though you still can’t download it on iOS, you can use Cloud Gaming and NVIDIA’s GeForce Now to play Fortnite on your iPhone.
Because Apple and Epic Games were fighting in court over in-app purchases, Fortnite was taken off the App Store and iOS devices in August 2020. Since then, fans haven’t been able to play on their iPhones.
But the game is back on iPhones and iPads thanks to NVIDIA’s GeForce Now service and a partnership between Epic Games and Microsoft.
Here’s how to sign up for Fortnite and play it again on your iOS device.
- How to use Cloud Gaming to play Fortnite on an iOS device
- How to use GeForce Now to play Fortnite on an iOS device
- How to link accounts for Epic Games and NVIDIA
How to use Cloud Gaming to play Fortnite on an iOS device
On May 5, 2022, Microsoft announced that they were working with Epic Games and that mobile players can now play Fortnite through Xbox’s Cloud Gaming. They also said this service will be free of charge.
This means that people can play Fortnite on their phone, tablet, PC, or Mac without having to pay for a subscription. This includes people who use iOS devices. Microsoft said that their “first free-to-play” game on Cloud Gaming would be a battle royale game.
Also Read: Is Wi-Fi 7 a New Technology?
What you have to do is:
- Use your web browser to go to Xbox.com/play.
- Use your Microsoft account to sign in.
- Sign up for the beta version of Cloud Gaming.
- Go with Fortnite.
- Start playing the game on your iPhone or other iOS device.
How to use GeForce Now to play Fortnite on an iPhone or iPad
You can also use GeForce Now to play Fortnite on your iPhone or other iOS device. This version of the game can be played on iOS Safari and Android mobile devices that have touch screens.
Here is what you have to do:
- Sign up for GeForce Now or log in (you don’t have to pay for a premium membership)
- Sign up for Fortnite on GeForce Now.
- Go to play.geforcenow.com on Safari on your iPhone or iPad. Then follow the steps to add a shortcut to the home screen.
- Sign in to GeForce Now and play Fortnite.
This will stream a version of Fortnite that works well with touch screens to your Apple device, so you can play Fortnite on your phone again.
Also Read: How to Get More Storage in Iphone
How to link accounts for Epic Games and NVIDIA
Once a player has joined the GeForce Now closed beta, they can link their Epic Games and NVIDIA accounts.
Here’s how to link your accounts with Epic Games and NVIDIA:
- Safari: Open GeForce Now
- Click on “Settings.”
- Find the tab called “connections.”
- Select ‘Epic Games
- Use your Epic Games account to sign in.
After you do this, you’ll be able to access all of your Fortnite accounts at any time. You also only have to sign in once.