In this article, we’ll show you how to block YouTube on a Chromebook by using a Chrome extension or an app.
How to Stop Chromebook Users from Getting to YouTube with A New Term
Chrome makes it easy to add extensions that will be used every time you open your browser. Extensions are best if you only want to change how YouTube works on one Chromebook.
- Use the Chrome Web Store to look for add-ons. Try languages like site blocker or video blocker.
- Choose an extension, then click the “Add to Chrome” button. To check, click Add extension.
- Click on the picture of a puzzle piece in the top right corner. Next to your site blocker extension, click the Menu button (three vertical dots) and then click Options. This will take you to the page where you can set up the extension. From there, you can block any site by adding it to a list of blocked sites.
Also Read: Razer Blade 15 2018 H2: A Laptop for Gaming with Razor Blade 2018 Technology
How to Use an App to Stop Your Chromebook from Going to YouTube
Apps are a better way to handle multiple devices because one app can cover a wide range of platforms and devices.
- On your Chromebook, go to the Google Play store. It will usually be at the bottom of the screen in the dock. Look for a site blocker or an app you already use on other devices.
- Click “Install,” and the app will be saved to your Chromebook. It will show up with the rest of your apps.
- Follow the steps that the app gives you to set up a block list. Most apps that block sites will ask for permission to track traffic and send information. If you already use the app, you might be able to sign in and import your settings.
Also Read: How to Disappear Icons on Your Windows Desktop?
How to Keep a YouTube Blocker from Being Deleted
If you want to stop other people from using YouTube, look for an app that needs a password or PIN to make changes or get rid of it.
You can turn off the Extensions menu so that users can’t get to it unless they know where to find the advanced settings.
- Open a new window in Chrome and type chrome:/flags/ into the address bar. This will take you to the section for more advanced settings.
- Type extension into the Search box and look for Extensions Menu Access Control. If you choose “Disabled” from the drop-down menu, the extensions menu won’t be shown.
Leave a Comment