Thousands of people enjoy ‘Junjou Romantica‘ because of the provocative and timely information it presents. It is one of the most wonderful shows about homosexual love and a typical routine story of three young couples that have been produced thus far.
The program has managed to capture everyone’s interest and has garnered positive feedback from both critics and the crowd. It is a romantic yaoi series created by Studio Deen and written by Shungiku Nakamura.
The best thing about this show is that, despite the fact that it depicts unisexual love, it is neither rude or disgusting. This show also portrays homosexuality in a positive light in today’s world, where individuals all over the world are fighting for LGBTQ rights and independence.
Fans want to see more of this anime for a variety of reasons, which is why they are eager to learn whether or not there will be a fourth season of ‘Junjou Romantica.’
Let’s have a look.
Junjou Romantica Season 4 Release Date
The third season of this anime was released in 2015, and fans have been waiting for the fourth installment for more than five years. However, the Production Studio Deen has not made any formal announcements or even provided any information that indicates whether or not the fourth season will take place.
However, if we look at how this anime series has progressed, we can see that there was a seven-year hiatus between the second and third seasons. This fact is reassuring, and it restores our faith in Season 4’s viability.
The fact that the manga series on which it is based is still ongoing is another indication indicating that the fourth season may happen at some point. This means that in order to create a whole new season, the makers will want material and sources that appear to be readily available.
There are 25 volumes in the manga series. As a result, supporters can take it easy and wait for the proper moment.
When will the fourth season of ‘Junjou Romantica’ premiere?
Even while there hasn’t been any word or mention of Studio Deen giving the fourth installment the green light, given the issues we stated above, we can’t give up hope totally. It’s simply that, given the previous season’s scheduling, we might have to wait a little longer for the renewal.
Junjou Romantica Season 4 (assuming there is a renewal) is set to premiere in 2022, based on our best estimation.
Junjou Romantica Season 4 Plotline
‘Junjou Romantica’ follows Misaki Takahashi, a high school girl who is determined to attend the greatest institution. He accepts every aid he can get to go ahead of his peers and increase his chances of getting into the university of his choice, and that’s when his brother’s buddy, a well-known author named Akihiko Usami, begins tutoring him.
However, Misaki quickly realizes that Akihiko writes about some very strange topics, and to his amazement, the author’s works elicit strange emotions in him.
‘Junjou Romantica’ also includes two other parallel storylines that focus on the relationships of two other couples, in addition to the romance story of the two main characters. One of these stories is about Hiroki Kamijou, a university professor, and pediatrician Nowaki Kusama, a pediatrician that Hiroki admires from afar after falling completely in love with him and is willing to do anything to be with him.
The final plot revolves around the obsession of Shinobu Takatsuki, a spoiled affluent 18-year-old who falls for his literary teacher, but he is the single thing he can’t have easily.
Misaki Takahashi, Misaki Takahashi, Misaki Takahashi, Misaki Takahashi, Misaki Takah.
At the start of the anime, Misaki Takahashi is a depressed high school student who blames himself for his parents’ deaths. He works really hard to get into the greatest college possible in order to repay his brother for all of his sacrifices.
To people who are unfamiliar with him, he is a typical tsundere who can appear boisterous. But his obnoxious conduct stems solely from his worry, and he genuinely cares about the people around him.
Despite his efforts, he fails all of his practice exams, prompting his brother to urge him to seek tutoring from one of his friends.
Junjou Romantica Season 4 Characters
Misaki and Usami
- Misaki and Usami begin their relationship as a professional one, but it quickly develops into a romantic one, complete with its own set of obstacles. While Usami is upfront about his feelings, Misaki appears to be the polar opposite, with unrealistic expectations from his relationship.
- Misaki still has trouble accepting that he and Usami are in a relationship, even after they move in together.
- Akihiko, better known by his pen name “Usagi,” is a bestselling author who is well-known for his literary achievements. Misaki’s older brother invites Akihiko to tutor him after he fails his exams. Usagi and Misaki begin living together after Misaki’s brother moves away, and the two soon become lovers rather than roommates. Akihiko grew raised in a wealthy family, yet he was always ignored as a child since his parents were too preoccupied with their profession.
- When his mother later cheats on him, he begins to loathe the concept of having a love relationship with a woman. He often writes down his ideas in the form of stories in one of his notebooks as a result of his difficult background and current loneliness.
- On the outside, he appears to be mature and smart, and he always attempts to bottle up his emotions. However, there are moments when he reaches a breaking point and releases everything at once. He stands about six feet tall and has grey hair.
They usually dresses up in formals, even at home, for some inexplicable reason.
Also check –
- A Place Further Than The Universe Season 2: Are We Getting It or Not?
- Dragonar Academy Season 2 Release Date – All You Need To Know!
Season 1 of ‘Junjou Romantica’ premiered on April 11, 2008, and finished on June 27, 2008, with a total of 12 episodes. The show was then followed by a second season, which ran from October 12 to December 28, 2008.
The anime’s third season began on July 9, 2015, and lasted until September 24, 2015. Now, nothing official has been stated about the anime’s fourth installment, but based on the anime’s previous release schedule, season 4 of ‘Junjou Romantica’ will most likely premiere in 2021 if it gets renewed.
Studio Deen had a seven-year vacation between seasons 2 and 3, which gives us optimism that the anime will return even if it has been five years since its last season. Even the original manga is still going strong, with a total of 21 volumes to date.
As a result, the creators should not face any difficulties due to a lack of source material. According to what appears to be the case, ‘Junjou Romantica’ may return with a new season in the near future.
However, without any formal confirmation, we cannot be certain. As soon as we receive any verifiable information about this, we will post it in this section. Until then, take a look at our list of other Romance anime programs.