This article shows you how to record your Android screen. The instructions work for all Android devices, no matter who made them (Google, Samsung, etc.).
How to record your Android screen
Phones and tablets with Android 11 or later already have a screen recorder built in. If you have an older Android device, you will need to download a screen recorder from a third-party app store.
Here’s how to record your Android 11 or newer screen:
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screen to get to Android Quick Settings. Swipe left to see more options.
- Tap the Record Screen tile.
- If you want to, you can tap Record Audio.
- You can choose to record audio from your device, from your microphone, or from both.
- Tap Show touches on the screen if you want to.
- In the upper-right corner, there will be a timer. When the recording is done, the icon will turn solid red to show that your screen is being saved.
Also Read: Is Wi-Fi 7 a New Technology?
- Go ahead and record your screen. When you’re done, swipe down and tap the Stop button.
- To open your video in Google Photos, choose “Tap to view.”
- Tap Edit.
- At the very least, you’ll probably want to cut the start and end of your recording. You can choose where the video starts and ends by dragging the small white markers at each end of the timeline. To change the preview window, move the big white dot in the middle.
- You can make any other changes you want by swiping through the options at the bottom of the screen, such as Crop, Adjust, etc. When you’re done, tap the Save Copy button. You can then get rid of the first one.
Using a third-party app, you can record your Android screen
Some phone makers make their own tools for recording the screen. For example, you can use the Game Launcher app on your Samsung to record your screen.
If your phone doesn’t come with a screen recorder, you can find dozens of options in the Google Play Store by searching for “screen recorder.” Many are free, and some have extra features like the ability to live stream.
Why should I record what I see on my Android?
Screen recording is most popular among gamers who want to show off their skills in different games, make content for video reviews, and record how-to videos.
But it can also be used for other things. For instance, if you keep getting an error from an app, you can write down the steps you take that cause the error. This is especially helpful for helping repair workers fix bugs that are hard to reproduce.
You can also use it to show someone how to use an app or a new app and explain why it’s useful. Even if you only use it once in a while, it is a very useful tool.
Also Read:How to Fix “Last Line No Longer Available” on An I Phone
Before you take a picture of your Android screen
Even a simple recording for a friend can be made better with a few simple steps and some planning.
Find a quiet area: Record where it’s quiet and no one is likely to bother you. This will make your videos easier to hear, clearer, and more interesting to watch.
Use “Do Not Disturb”: Set your phone to “Do Not Disturb” for the time you want to record to stop notifications, texts, and calls from disturbing you.
Remember that everything is recorded: If you record your screen, everything you do and say will be saved. Don’t use any plain-text passwords (or say your password out loud when typing it in).
Keep other people’s privacy in mind: When you record your screen, don’t invade other people’s privacy. Never look at social media or other content that might invade the privacy of other people. Even if someone’s posts are public, you should never show them to someone else without their permission.
Use a mount and good lighting: If you want to record your reactions on your phone as well, maybe in a separate window, mount your phone so you don’t shake it. Also, try to keep your face well-lit so that people can see how you’re reacting.
Articulate: Write out tutorials or instructions ahead of time and explain everything you’re doing as you do it. Sometimes it’s not clear to the viewer where you clicked, so telling them what you’re doing as you do it is very helpful.
Don’t forget to edit: Make sure your video is short and doesn’t have any extraneous information by editing it. Even cutting out the unimportant parts at the beginning or end will make the video more enjoyable to watch.